Sunday, July 8, 2012

Coming Out of the Crafting Doldrums- Rome Mini Album (Picture Heavy)

So my blog has been silent for over six months lately because I've been in huge crafting slump.  At the end of October, I moved into a new home and immediately began working on getting my office/crafting area together.  I was so excited to have more space and continue working on layouts, cards, etc.  However, once I moved in it was like the crafting gene was immediately sucked from my body and I just could not get excited to make a thing.  Nonetheless, I was still looking at all of my scrapbooking blogs and magazines, hoping that inspiration would strike.  But, no matter how much I tried, I just could not tap into that desire to make a darn thing.

Around February or March 2012, I made a trip to Archiver's and picked up an Amy Tangerine Daybook mini album.  I wasn't sure what I would use it for, but I thought that maybe my block was caused by feeling too much pressure to make 12x12 layouts and maybe something smaller would free up my creativity.  Yeah, not so much.  The Daybook just sat in the Archiver's bag.

In April of this year, a friend and I traveled to Rome for the Easter holiday. We had a great time and I made sure to collect and keep as much memorabilia as possible because I knew that at some point I would scrap the trip.  I came home, ordered my favorite pictures and limited myself to about 20-25 so I wouldn't feel overwhelmed.  The pictures came and then sat...along with the Daybook -- until last week. 

For whatever reason, I decided to pull out the Daybook and use it to make my Rome mini.  I cranked up the music and kept telling myself to not over think everything and just but picture to paper.  I deliberately stayed away from using my Cricut because I knew picking images would just be overwhelming.  In many ways, the album was really a return to "old-school" scrapbooking.  I just used, stickers, punches, ribbon, brads/badges and paper to create the old thing.  I really loved how it turned out and I have to thank Amy Tan for the inspiration of simple scrapbooking. 

Below is the completed mini album.  Because the final project is so big and the pages are not all the same size, it's was a difficult one to photograph.  Thanks for taking a look and hopefully I'll having something new to post soon.
















3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!! Love you mini, what a great job you did!!!!!
    cecy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel the same way at times! I tell myself the same thing- just do it!! Your mini is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete