Friday, April 1, 2011

Flaunt It Fridays - Disguise Bird (3 Birds on Parade)

Welcome to another Friday challenge at Flaunt it Fridays.  This week's challenge is to flaunt the Disguise Bird on page 36 of 3 Birds on Parade. I do not own this cartridge, so I used the Owl from Paisley because the body type is similar to the Disguise Bird.  I then used the sunglasses image from Paisley to give the look of a bird trying to keep a low profile.  I kept the card super simple and paired the Owl with a stamp and some baker's twine. 

I hope you all will play along with us this week.  Just remember that even if you don't have the 3 Birds on Parade cartridge you can (and should!) still participate and use another bird for your image.  For this month's Grand Prize FIF is giving away one Joy's Life "Lots of Pun" stamp set sponsored by the wonderful SHEREE of Cravin Scrappin thank you Sheree!


I look forward to seeing all of your creations!



Recipe
Card Base: Kraft cardstock from Recollections sized at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
First Layer: Black cardstock from Recollections sized at 5 1/4 x 4
Second Layer: Patterned paper from American Crafts' Adore collection sized at 5 x 3 3/4
Owl from Paisley sized at 3"
Sunglasses from Paisley sized at 3/4"
Maraschino Twine from The Twinnery
"So Cool" from My Pink Stamper Stamps - Punnylicious
Sentiment Base: Modern Label & Word Window Stampin' Up punches

9 comments:

  1. Love the owl so neat, I have given you the versitile blog award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the sun glasses. I just love that little owl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too funny. Loved all the creations you girls made at FIF. Great card. Thanks for the laugh!
    Blessings,
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is too stinkin' cute! I love it :)
    Momo sent me and would love it if you stopped by as well!

    Hugs from your newest follower,
    Karen
    http://reflectionsofapaperaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card!!!! You have an award waiting for you @ gold-treasures@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the coolest bird I've ever seen :) I love the colors you used for the layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheandra,
    I love your your blog! I have awards for you on my blog, stop by and pick them up =0)
    Crafty hugs,
    Diana
    daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable!! I love the shades!

    I am a new follower. Momo sent me! I would love for you to visit my blog and become a follower.

    http://scrap-a-tude.blogspot.com/

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete