Monday, April 11, 2011

Baby Album Layout - Hungry!

So I have a confession to make, earlier this year I resoved that I was not going to purchase any more cartridges for a while.  Instead, I wanted to focus on using my current set of cartridges more often. I've been holding to my resolution fairly well. Last weekend,however, I was in JoAnn's to refresh my adhesive supply.  At the checkout counter, I spied the new Baby Steps and Kate's ABC cartridges.  I immedately swooped up Baby Steps because I'm making a baby album and of course, a new cartridge there could only help.  Admittedly, I didn't have a rationale for picking up Kate's ABC, aside from seeing it and wanting it. So I'm the proud owner of two new cartridges and I promise not to buy anymore for a while (or at least the next 60 days).

I have to say that Baby Steps is very cute and the images are not too duplicative of those found on New Arrival or some of the other cartridges that have "baby" images.  I've now made two new pages for my baby album using just this cartridge, and they have turned out great. Today's project is all about chowing down.  When I saw the image of a high chair, I knew the type of page I wanted to make and the title really brought it all home.  I was able to use the negative image of the scalloped square from my "So Sweet" layout as a frame; I love when I get to use my scraps. 


Recipe
Except where indicated all paper is from American Crafts.
Black cardstock from Recollections sized at 12" x 12"
Teal scalloped square (negative image) from Storybook sized at 11"
High chair from Baby Steps sized at 6.94".
Bowl and spoon from Baby Steps sized at 1.71".
"Hungry" from Baby Steps sized at 2.25".
Photo Mats
    Kraft cardstock from Recollections sized at 4.25 x 4.25.
    Patterned paper fromAmerican Crafts Adorn collection sized at 4 x 4.
Buttons
Caribbean Twine from The Twinnery
Inkadinkadoo Chalk - Bold Brights
Sakura Gel Pen - White

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love this layout!! So sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!!!!!!! what an inspiration for my grand-baby-to-be album!!!!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love using scraps too. I'm visiting from project scrap our stash. It seems like you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete