Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Simply Charmed Birthday Card

Happy hump day!  I have been working through my list of scrapping-related projects for the month. One of the top projects on my list is to create a birthday card for my friend's daughter's first birthday.  I recently purchased Simply Charmed and I love the image of the chick in the hatched egg.  I initially threw this card together as a way to pair it with a My Pink Stamper stamp set I had lying around unused, but then realized that this would be a great birthday card.  I popped up everything on this card with pop dots for added dimension. I also cut out the chicks feet and used them to create a dimensional flower in the lower right hand corner.


Recipe
Card Base: Kraft cardstock from Recollections sized A2 (4" x 5 1/2")
First Layer: Patterned patter from DCWV Citrus paper pack cut at 3 3/4" x 5 1/4"
Second Layer: Patterned patter from DCWV Citrus paper pack
Image: Chick Egg cut at 3" using paper from American Crafts Primaries collection and Bazzill Swiss Dots
Sentiment: My Pink Stamper Stamps Punny-licious
Sentiment First Layer: Circle from Plantin Schoolbook cut at 1 1/4" using Kraft cardstock
Sentiment Second Layer: 2" Circle punch from EK Success using DCWV Citrus paper pack
Sentiment Third Layer: 1 3/8" Circle punch from EK Success using DCWV Citrus paper pack
Ribbon from Michael's
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
Color Box Fluid Ink - Dark Brown (around edges of patterned papers, card base and image)
Inkadinkadoo Bold Brights Chalk (around the chick and egg)

2 comments:

  1. PERFECT sentiment for such a cute card! :o)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute! Love the dots on the egg! He hatched out of an Easter egg! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete