Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Preserves Thank You Card

Happy hump day! I hope you all are having a great week and looking forward to the weekend.  Today's project is a quick thank you card.  I spent last weekend visiting my good friends Ashley and Nick and their very cute daughter in Lake Charles, Louisiana.  Since I had to fly into another town an hour away, Ashley's mom and sister were kind enough to pick me up from the airport and drive me back to town.  On the ride back, Ashley's mom was asking me about my favorite types of food and, more importantly, my favorite type of seafood (fried shrimp - so bad for you but so good). That evening we went over to her house for dinner, and all of my favorite foods were laid out for everyone to eat.  To say that I was in heaven was an understatement.  I sat down last night and pulled together a quick thank you card using From My Kitchen.  I've had this cartridge for awhile, but rarely use it so I was so glad that I could pull it out for the occasion.  In addition to being a great cook, Ashley's mom also makes her own fig preserves so the jars images were perfect in addition to the title. 

Recipe
Card Base: Kraft cardstock from recollections sized at 5 x 5".
First Layer: Purple textured cardstock from American Crafts' Spring collection sized at 4 3/4 x 4 3/4".
Second Layer: Bo Bunny Double Dot paper sized at 4 1/2 x 4 1/2".
Image: Jars sized at 3 1/4" from From My Kitchen.
Title: Preserve sized at 1 1/4" from From My Kitchen.
Sentiment: My Pink Stamper Stamps - Family and Friends stamp set.
Ink: Colorbox Chalk - Chestnut Roam.
Chalk: Inkadinkadoo Bold Brights.
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White.
Black Pen.
Stickles

2 comments:

  1. Really really cute! Cute images on this cart!!! TFS
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out just darling. I love this cartridge, but I haven't tried that image yet. Thanks for a great project.

    ReplyDelete