Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ladybug Thank You Card

On Monday, I was talking to my friend at work about her daughter's birthday party.  The theme of the party was centered around ladybugs and they were prevalent in the inviation and the cute gifts for the kids that attended.  Notably, the ladybug on the invitation came from the Walk In My Garden cartridge. Needless to say, the party was a success and our conversation turned to the topic of thank you cards. I suggested that she make the thank you cards and just keep it simple for mass production purposes. At the end of the conversation, I offered to create a prototype card that would be easy to make. I went home that evening and whipped up this little card (using only scraps!) in about 20 minutes, which is a record for me. 



Recipe
Case Base: Black cardstock  from Recollections sized at 4x4".
First layer (sky): sized at 3 3/4 x 3 3/4".
Second layer (grass): Martha Stewart grass punch.  Cut at 1/1/2 x 3 3/4".
Image: Ladybug sized at 2" from Walk in my Garden.
Image: Sun sized at  1.51" from Doodlecharms.
Image: Cloud sized at 2.22" from Everyday Paper Dolls.
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - White.
Sentiment: Tiny Tiny Wishes from Stampin' Up.

4 comments:

  1. This card is just so darn cute!!! I really love it.

    I'd like to invite you to join the Creative Sisters Monday Challenge where the challenge is "Think Spring" This card would be a perfect entry!

    Patti Ross
    www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!! What a fun idea for a ladybug party; what a fun thank you card for it! I love the doodling along the edges, and using scraps for it - PERFECT!!! So cute, TFS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have one super thankful, inspired friend from work-me! Gracias gracias. Now off to the cricut . . .

    ReplyDelete