Monday, March 7, 2011

Just For You Card

Ever since my Simply Charmed cartridge arrived, I have been busy playing around with the all of the great images. One of my crafting goals this year is to push myself creatively when designing. For this card, I decided to make a 5x5 card, rather then the standard A2. I also incorporated a shaped layer in addition to my typical mat layers. The result was this fun tree card paired with a "Just for you" stamp from Stampin' Up. I have to laugh that even though spring has arrived, my card is already channeling the arrival of fall.

Recipe
Card base: Kraft card stock from Recollections sized at 5 x 5".
First layer: Patterned paper from DCVW Citrus paper stack sized at 4 3/4" x 4 3/4".
Second layer: Patterned paper from DCVW Citrus paper stack sized at 4 1/2" x 4 1/2".
Third layer: Scallop 2 from Lacy Labels sized at 4 1/2" cut on kraft card stock.
Fourth layer: Scallop 2 from Lacy Labels sized at 4" cut on orange textured paper from American Crafts.
Image: Tree 2 from Simply Charmed sized at 4" using textured paper from American Crafts.
Ribbon: Satin brown ribbon from stash
Sentiment: Tiny Tiny Wishes stamp set from Stampin' Up.
Sentiment Base: Modern Label & Word Window Stampin' Up punches.
Inkadinkadoo Chalk - Bold Brights
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White.

No comments:

Post a Comment