Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!

Yesterday, my parents celebrated 41 years of marriage.  I always find it funny that when I call each year to wish them a happy anniversary, they down play their years of marriage and joke that they have no choice but to stay together because who would want them after all these years.  I had a hard time initially coming up with a design idea, however, I knew I wanted the card to be funny. So when I came across the salt and pepper shakers in the From My Kitchen cartridge, an idea came to mind.  The card is very simple, but the sentiment reads "They've been together forever!"  On the inside of the card, I wrote "Just like the two of you."  Cheesy? Yes it is, but comes from love so they'll love it!


Recipe
Card Base: Kraft card stock from Recollections sized at 5 x 5"
First Layer: American Crafts yellow textured card stock sized at 4 3/4 x 4 3/4"
Second Layer: American Crafts pattered paper sized at 4 1/2 x 4 1/2"
Image: Salt & Pepper shakers from From My Kitchen cartridge sized at 3 1/4" using Bazill Swiss Dots paper.
Sentiment sized at 4 x 1/2"
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen
Inkadinkadoo Bold Brights Chalk

10 comments:

  1. Found you on Momo. New follower. Love the sentiment on your anniversary card

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!! Great anniversary card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your crafts. Looking forward to seeing more. Momo sent me and I am a new follower.

    callahancountrybugs@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for an anniversary card. :)

    I am a new follower. I was sent over by Momo.
    http://myneed2craft.blogspot.com is my blog if you want to stop by and follow me or check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card and happy anniversary to your parents:)

    Found you through momo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card for your parents. And I think the inside sentiment is great!! I am a new follower. MOMO sent me here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I've been sent by MOMO, isn't she fabulous. Love your blog. I'm now a new follower. Would love if you dropped by mine. www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this card! It is sooooo cute! I am a new follower sent by Momo!
    If you have a moment please check out my blog at www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com
    Thanks!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute card! Momo sent me. Visit my blog for a chance to win some blog candy.
    Www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute concept you had for this card. I think its funny =) great job! TFS!!

    Your newest follower,
    Kim
    http://snippetsoflife-kim.blogspot.com/

    btw I was sent by MOMO..

    ReplyDelete