Monday, March 28, 2011

Baby Album - So Sweet

Over the weekend I started working on a baby album for a girlfriend of mine who is expecting her second child, a little boy named Reid. I find that designing layouts without pictures is really difficult for me, so this project will be a good challenge and really push me creatively.  Although I have some ideas for the pages I want to make, the majority of the album will likely be made up as I go or until I run out of ideas.  The idea for this page started with the train from New Arrival.  I knew I wanted to use the boxcars to write out Reid's name and keep with the images from the cartridge for the rest of the layout.  For an initial page, I think it turned out alright. 

Recipe
Black card stock from Recollections sized at 12 x 12"
Green textured card stock from American Crafts Spring collection sized at 11 3/4 x 11 3/4"
Scalloped square from Storybook sized at 11" using Teal card stock from American Crafts Spring Collection
"So Sweet" sized at 3.12" from Sweet Treats.  It was cut out twice, once in black and once in purple to create shadow effect.
Train sized at 3" from New Arrival
Bottle sized at 2.75" from New Arrival
Rattle sized at 2.76" from New Arrival
Safety pins sized at 2.88" from New Arrival
Photo Mats
   Kraft cardstock from Recollections sized at 4 1/2 x 6 1/2"
   Green cardstock sized at 4 1/4 x 6 1/4"
   Purple cardstock sized at 4 x 6"
   Satin Ribbon from Michaels
American Crafts Thickers chipboard stickers
Inkadinkadoo Bold Brights
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - White
Creative Memories fine tip pen - Black

11 comments:

  1. This is absolutely darling. Love everything about it.

    Smiles Sher
    www.patternsbysher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Layout! Momo sent me to your blog! I am a new follower. Please stop over and follow too:) Looking forward to seeing the new projects you make.
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just wonderful!! I love the little train and those diaper pins!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed touring your blog. Momo sent me and I would like to invite you to visit my blog @ www.stampinwitheerlinda.blogspot.com. I am now one of your followers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg what a cute layout!
    reid is a cute name!
    I fallowed your link from Momo!
    try and stop by my blog if you have the chance :)
    peacelovestamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats just a cute layout great job momo sent me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!! Momo sent me! Come by my blog, I have an award for you!

    http://oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable layout! Sent by Momo!

    Joann
    http://jlopezdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute layout...I am now a follower, head on over to my blog, I have an award for you. craftinrn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete