Monday, February 28, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Card - It's Not Easy Being Green

It's hard to believe that March is just around the corner. However, since the weather here has been beautiful for the past week, I'm ready to welcome spring and all that comes with it, including St. Patrick's Day.  In honor of the upcoming holiday, I made this card to celebrate.  I've been trying to use chalk more in my projects because I really like the way it gives a simple shadow to my cuts and makes the image pop in the design.


Recipe
Card Base - Kraft colored cardstock from Michael's cut at 4 x 5 1/2"
First Layer - Green colored cardstock from Michael's cut at 3 3/8 x 5 1/4"
Second Layer - Patterned paper from American Crafts City Paper collection
Green Ribbon - From personal stash
Image - Shamrock (St. Pat. 2) from Celebrate with Flourish cut at 3 1/2"
Image - Shamrock shadow also cut at 3 1/2"
Inkadinkadoo Bold Brights Chalk (around the shamrocks)
Color Box Fluid Ink - Chestnut Brown (around shamrock shadow)

2 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty!!! Love the shamrocks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful St. Patrick's day card! I love the chalking. I tend to ink or chalk a ton around edges. It definitely adds a little dimension. So glad you Are joining this month w/ the scrap your stash challenge:)))).

    ReplyDelete