Thursday, December 23, 2010

Good Hair - Congratulations Card

I met my friend Eric about seven years ago when I moved to Atlanta from Law School; he was my hairdresser's assistant. Since our initial meeting we have become good friends, so I was so excited for him when he finally enrolled in Beauty School last fall to formally begin the process of becoming a licensed stylist. He graduated from school last month and today he was kind enough to squeeze me in for a last minute hair appointment before Christmas. I whipped up this card last night and took it with me when I headed over to the new salon he's working at. The blow dryer image from the Paisley cartridge couldn't have been more perfect. Eric loved the card and set it on his booth. More importantly, my hair is looking great as I head into the weekend!



Recipe
Card Base: Kraft Cardstock (Michaels' Recollections) cut at 5" x 5".
First Layer: Pattern paper from K&Company (Berry Sweet) cut at 4.75" x 4.75".
Second Layer: Pattern paper from K&Company (Berry Sweet) cut at 4.5" x. 4.5".
Blow Dryer from Paisley cartridge cut at 4.5".
Sentiment Base: American Crafts textured pink paper.
Sentiment from My Pink Stamper Stamps Family & Friends set.
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Drippy Goo.
Ribbon - White from Michaels.
Sakura Jelly Roll Pen - White.
Creative Memories Pen - Black.
Via Decor Glitter Liner - Black.
Diamond Glaze - used on the red heart and button.

3 comments: