Sunday, November 7, 2010

Redo Layout # 3 - Barcelona Olympic Stadium

I'm still working through my previous layouts from my trip to Spain and giving them a do-over. I've come to the realization that I can't force myself to make a layout if I'm not feeling that creative. Ultimately, I get frustrated, throw pictures on a page and come up with a less then pretty layout. The first version of the layout consisted of me matting these photos on a page with a very large lantern (which was supposed to symbolize the Olympic torch), and adding the "let the games begin" title. On this redo page, I decided to create the Olympic rings (with my gypsy) and use them as the anchor for the layout. I initially planned to dress up some paper dolls as Olympic athletes to fill in the empty space, but instead I changed my mind and used ribbon and circle punches to make medals for journaling.





2 comments: