Sunday, November 28, 2010

2010 Christmas Cards - Day 1

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you all. I used the holiday weekend to make my Christmas cards for this year. In order to keep all of my cards easy to mass produce, I kept the design limited to one main image per card. In order to give the cards some pizzaz, I added flocking and stickles where appropriate. If you have not considered flocking powder for your projects, I would highly recommend it. The flock is super simple to use and just gives your project that little something extra.

The first card is reindeer card made with the Winter Frolic cartridge (a Black Friday purchase). I used red flocking power on the scarf just for a little pop. The pattern paper is Countdown to Christmas from My Mind's Eye. The red cardstock is Bazzil and the white card stock is Georgia Pacific (available at Wal-Mart).





Recipe:

Card Base cuat at 4.25 x 5.5
First Pattern Paper Layer cut at 4 x 5.25
Second Pattern Paper Layer cut at 3.75 x 5
Grass (Martha Stewart Grass Punch) cut at 1.5 x 5
Reindeer cut at 3.75
Martha Stewart Flocking Powder - Ladybug Red
Stamp - Stampin Up!

3 comments: