Monday, October 25, 2010

Spain Redo Layout #2 - Plaza Real

I'm continuing to work on my Spain "redo" pages, and I'm quite pleased with the outcome. Back in January when I tried to scrap these photos, taken outside of the Spanish royal castle, I was plagued with scrapper's block and figured that I was putting too much pressure on myself to come up with a masterpiece rather than creating a page that captured a moment. So, I simply matted a couple of pictures, cut a small castle on my cricut (from Doodlecharms, I think) and used some Thickers to spell out my title "Royal Palace" (yeah, really original). The end result was horrible, so much so that I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of the "before" because it was so embarassing.

This time around, I chose to use the same pictures, but focus on a different theme. It's rare that I can ever get a picture of my mom and dad together, since my dad is the photographer of the family (seriously, he's really good). So when I had a chance to get a photo of them in Madrid, I took it. I came up with the title "Royal Clarks" because they are the king and queen of our little family. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm never going to be one of those scrapbookers who comes up with really elaborate designs, so I kept with the motto of "keep it simple" and came up with this layout. I also included a slide-out journaling tag behind the picture on the bottom. Thanks for looking and have a great day!



Recipe:

I used Bazzill Swiss Dots paper for the entire layout.
Castle: Once Upon a Princess - cut at 6.29 x 7.76.
Plane: New Arrival - cut at 3.64 x 2.88.
Banner: New Arrival - cut at 8.00 x 4.40.
Clouds: New Arrival - cut at 5.24 x 2.88.
Title: Wild Card font - welded and cut at 2.70 x 2.02 (Royal) and 3.45 x 2.02 (Clarks).

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job with your layout! I think it looks awesome. It came together nicely so don't sell yourself short. We all have different styles and can be inspired by anyone. TFS!

    ReplyDelete