Sunday, September 5, 2010

Speed Racer

I have been crafting up a storm this weekend, trying to get a handle on my vacation photos. Here is a layout I made very quickly this evening with some of the pictures I had from a great fishing village I visited on my trip. I just love how it turned out, it's simple but so much fun. If you are interested in how I pulled this together, I've listed the "recipe" below the picture. Thanks for visiting!



Recipe

The background paper is Bazzill Dotted Swiss in blue and green. The blue paper is cut at 11 1/2 in x 11 1/2 in. The green paper is cut at 4 1/2 in x 11 1/2 in.

The car is from the B is for Boy Cricut Lite cartridge and cut at 5 1/2 in.
The sun is from Doodlecharms and is cut at 3 in. I used Peachy Keen stamps for the face. The eyes were drawn in using a Sakura jelly pen. I used pink chalk for the cheeks.
The road is from Everyday Paper Dolls and is cut at 4 1/2 in. I used scraps of yellow paper for the street lines.
These cuts were made using American Craft textured paper.

The "speed racer" title was made with American Crafts white vinyl stickers.

3 comments: