Friday, September 3, 2010

Back from a Hiatus

It seems like forever since I've been able to do any serious crafting or blogging. Rather than having time to create layouts or cards, I've been on vacation and then busy at work pushing legal documents like nobody's business. I'm getting to the point that I'm beginning to dread seeing 8 1/2 x 11 white printer paper! But the Labor Day weekend has finally arrived and today I was able to leave work early and get some creative time in. Thank goodness, because I was beginning to feel a little rusty.

So last month I went on vacation to Amsterdam and had a fantastic time. I'm really loving touring around Europe and taking in the culture and history of the countries I have been blessed to have been able to visit. Now that I'm back, its time to begin scrapping those photos. The first layout is the "cover" for the album. I love this picture and could not wait until I got home to be able to develop it. There are several "I Amsterdam" signs across the city, but this one was in Museum Park by the Van Gogh museum. The paper is from Sassafras Lass and I got it as a new member of the Club Ruby paper club. I used the Cherry Limeade Cricut Lite cartridge for the scalloped circles. The "journey" saying came from Graphically Speaking.



The second layout turned out better than I could have hoped for. These pictures were taken at the Ice Bar. The concept is a subzero bar where you put on a jacket, hat and gloves to enjoy your sub-temperature drinks. If you are thinking that this sounds very silly and/or cheesy, you would be absolutely correct! The entire experience was a hoot and I laughed from the minute I hit the door until I left! But at least I can say that I came, I went, I laughed. The title was made using the Cherry Limeade cartridge the penguins and igloo were from Create-a-Critter, and the bear was from Joys of the Season.



Thanks for stopping by, I hope to have some more designs completed over the weekend.

1 comment: