Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Red Door

My first job out of college was as a paralegal for a small litigation boutique in New York City. Each morning I made the two hour commute from my family's house in New Jersey into Manhattan. One of the things I loved the most about the job was my ability to walk around 5th Avenue during lunch and window shop along all of the fabulous stores. One of my favorite stores was the Elizabeth Arden spa -- marked by the famous red door! I loved how this simple symbol represented high quality and impecable taste (as well as a high price tag).


Fast foward about ten years. One of my good friends recently purchased a new house with her husband. I wanted to get them a simple housewarming gift and find a card that would be fitting. Earlier this summer, I purchased Cricut's Wild Card cartridge and thought that the house card would be a cute package for my gift. I was amused to learn that the envelope for the card is in the shape of a door. In honor of my Elizabth Arden memories, I made the door on the envelope red.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it, and how appropriate that you would provide a red door for my home, which accurately represents high quality and impecable taste :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card and matching envelope

    ReplyDelete