Friday, November 27, 2009

I Love Mini Albums

Last month I found Cardz TV, a wonderful site that contains video tutorials for cards. The site is run by Mary - a very creative woman who comes up with the cutest designs that you can replicate at home. She has a great demeanor and is a very good teacher. As I was clicking around Mary's site, I began watching several videos she made about mini albums, they seem to be the new "it" thing in the scrapbooking world -- or maybe I'm just late to the party and they are the "it" thing to me. Anywho, in one of my favorite mini album videos, Mary creates a Halloween album and dhows off a heritage album of her family. Since Mary made it look so easy to create, I decided that I was going to try my hand at the mini. Fast forward to Thanksgiving, after digesting my very tasty Turkey day dinner, I started making a mini album for my friend who has two small boys. I used K & Company's Itsy Bitsy Paper Pack for the album. I'm not good at matching up pattered paper so I really like using the double-sided coordinating paper packs. For some of the pages, I also used my Cricut and relied on the following cartridges: Plantin Schoolbook (tags), Mini Monograms (on the title pages) and Everyday Paper Dolls. In addition to these materials, I also used sticker sets and ribbon that I had a home. I am very pleased how the albums turned out, I think they are pretty cute. I already have some ideas on other mini albums that I can make and use for Christmas gifts for my family members.













1 comment:

  1. I haven't done one yet, but I believe that I would be agreement with you about liking mini's though (Not too much space to be intimidated by-lol)

    ReplyDelete